Lithuanian President Swears In
Politics | July 12, 2004, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Lithuanian President Valdas Adamkus has taken oath of office at Monday's inauguration session of the Seimas (Parliament) in Vilnius. Photo by INNA.
Valdas Adamkus has officially taken the office of Lithuanian Presidency on Monday. The 77-year-old New Democracy nominee won the presidential run-off on June 27. The ballot in the Baltic country was to choose a replacement for ousted President Rolandas Paksas, who was impeached by parliament in April for violating the constitution. Lithuania's President declared that his country will adhere to the pro-Western approach in its policies, while stating that his country will improve relations with Russia. Lithuania will advocate Ukraine's accession to the EU and NATO, Adamkus pointed out.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » The Guardian: Donald Trump’s Child Cruelty Shocks us, but it Shouldn’t Surprise us
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » Joint Statement by Commissioners Avramopoulos and King, the Ministers of Interior of the Western Balkans
- » V. Dombrovskis: Low Incomes are not an Obstacle to Bulgaria's Joining the Eurozone's "Waiting Room"
- » Kim Jong Un Visiting China
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)