Blast Rocks Najaf as Truce Expires
No casualties or damages have been reported, ITAR-TASS says.
The explosion happened at the end of a two-day truce in Najaf declared by the rebel Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr on Sunday.
Sadr's Mehdi Army militia stopped military operations in and around the city during the anniversary of the Prophet Mohammad's death on Monday and Tuesday.
Earlier in the day the Dominican Republic said it would follow the lead of Spain and Honduras and withdraw its troops from Iraq in the next few weeks.
Spain was commanding troops in Iraq from several Spanish-speaking nations in the coalition, including Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » GERB Could Support Kiril Petkov
- » Asen Vassilev: The Expectations are that there will be a Government next week
- » New Speaker of Parliament: Our Goal is to make Politics in a New Way, in the Right Way
- » Anti-Vaxers Chased Kiril Petkov to his home in Sofia (Video)
- » Overview: The Inauguration of 47th National Assembly. New Chairman and Promises of Change
- » Council of Europe expects Urgent Reduction in the Influence of the Bulgarian Prosec. Gen. on the SJC