Blast Rocks Najaf as Truce Expires
No casualties or damages have been reported, ITAR-TASS says.
The explosion happened at the end of a two-day truce in Najaf declared by the rebel Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr on Sunday.
Sadr's Mehdi Army militia stopped military operations in and around the city during the anniversary of the Prophet Mohammad's death on Monday and Tuesday.
Earlier in the day the Dominican Republic said it would follow the lead of Spain and Honduras and withdraw its troops from Iraq in the next few weeks.
Spain was commanding troops in Iraq from several Spanish-speaking nations in the coalition, including Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Banned the Use of Alcohol and Drugs by Military Personnel
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: We Need to Talk with North Macedonia as a Country to Country
- » 42 Countries have given Permission for Bulgarians to Vote on their Territory
- » NATO's Multinational Battlegroup in Bulgaria completes its Biggest Exercise yet (VIDEO)
- » Bulgarian PM expects from the Ministry of the Interior Serious Control of the Roads
- » For Bulgarians Abroad: A Form is Now Available to Vote in the October Elections