Bulgarian Underworld Boss Shot Dead in Amsterdam
Samokovetsa was killed in front of shop. He was accompanied by the famous Bulgarian fashion model Tsetsi Krassimirova who was injured by a bullet ricochet.
The killer was reported to be a man from the Netherlands. He tried to escape the crime scene, but the people there caught him.
Konstantin Dimitrov left Bulgaria November 7. He stayed at the 5-star Grand hotel Krasnopolski. Samokovetsa left the hotel together with the Bulgarian top model Tsetsi Krassimirova at about 15.30 local time. They were staring at the windows of Amsterdam's largest diamonds shop - Amsterdam Diamond Center, at the Dam square in the center of the city when the shooting took place.
In May 2003 Samokovetsa survived an attempt on his life. Some 15 kg of explosives blew up on a road about 20 km of Bulgaria's capital Sofia when Dimitrov's Mercedes jeep passed over the detonator-cable. However the armored vehicle resisted the blast and Dimitrov did not get hurt.
The 31 year-old Dimitrov was linked to the notorious VIS 1 group. His name was linked with the largest contraband channels in Bulgaria that led to his fast enrichment.
His name was also linked to the bomb blast that shattered Visages Cafe in downtown Sofia in the beginning of November. Some two days before the explosion he got involved in a rough and tumble followed by shooting at a Sofia nightclub, prompted by an encounter with rival "underworld" figures.
Right after the Visages cafe was blown up, speculations that Samokovetsa organized the attack occurred. Rumour has it that Kalkandzhieva has been close to a foe of Dimitrov - Krassimir Marinov dubbed the Marguin - and that Dimitrov actually targeted him with the Visages incident.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » Bulgarian MPs accepted the Budget Extension at First Reading
- » The Acting Prime Minister: Bulgarian citizens will not be Cold this Winter
- » Justice Minister: Bulgaria has every chance to become part of Schengen on December 8
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia
- » "Bulgarian Rise" is ready to Support a Government - It proposes a Cabinet of Experts