Former World Champion Promoted General
Politics | July 4, 2003, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Former world shooting champion Nonka Matova (left) celebrates her promotion to major-general. She has worked with the Bulgarian police for decades before taking over her current post as MP of the ruling party. Photo by Yuliana Nikolova (novinite.com)
Former world shooting champion and long-time police officer Nonka Matova was promoted major-general by Bulgaria's president on Friday. The shooter has been working with the country's Interior Ministry for twenty-four years. Two years ago she took a leave to become a MP of the ruling party. The president also awarded the same title to three other colonels - one of them is the chief of the fire fighter's service, the others work in regional structures of the Interior Ministry.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » All Bulgarian Roads are Passable, Nearly 700 Machines were out Clearing the Roads Last Night
- » Sofia with a Record Budget for City Cleanliness in 2019
- » European Perspective of the Western Balkans: Meeting in Austria
- » The Schengen Information System will contain DNA data
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Education has Launched News for Hearing Impaired People (Video)
- » 74,000 Asylum-Seekers are Now Living in Greece
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)