Former World Champion Promoted General
Politics | July 4, 2003, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Former world shooting champion Nonka Matova (left) celebrates her promotion to major-general. She has worked with the Bulgarian police for decades before taking over her current post as MP of the ruling party. Photo by Yuliana Nikolova (novinite.com)
Former world shooting champion and long-time police officer Nonka Matova was promoted major-general by Bulgaria's president on Friday. The shooter has been working with the country's Interior Ministry for twenty-four years. Two years ago she took a leave to become a MP of the ruling party. The president also awarded the same title to three other colonels - one of them is the chief of the fire fighter's service, the others work in regional structures of the Interior Ministry.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Montana Received Nearly BGN 11 Million to Stimulate Households for More Ecological Heating
- » Bulgarian Railways BDZ Provides Services for People with Disabilities
- » Most EU Citizens Believe that the Union Stands for Peace and Democratic Values
- » Diplomatic Scandal between Australia and Turkey
- » New Ambassador of Bulgaria Begins Diplomatic Mission in Ukraine
- » Outgoing Central Election Commission Reports on its 5-year Term of Office
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)