Pets: How to Attract an Iguana
**Room to grow**
Iguanas get really big. That little 15-gallon glass tank you bring her home in is going to last about a year, then she's going to need a much bigger house. And then she'll outgrow that, and it'll be time for an even bigger house.... Eventually, you'll probably need to consider giving her a whole room! Make sure that you plan out your iguana's future housing needs before you get an iguana!
**Proper full-spectrum lighting**
Iguanas need full-spectrum lighting, especially when they're young. Without it, they will suffer from severe calcium-deficiency problems that will almost certainly prove fatal. It is absolutely essential that you provide your iguana with full-spectrum light, such as from a full-spectrum fluorescent bulb. These bulbs can be rather expensive, but without them, she will suffer miserably, and won't make it past the age of two years.
Iguanas need underbelly heating in order to digest their food properly. The best thing is a heating pad (sold in pet and reptile stores) affixed to the underside of her floor. Electric "hot rocks" are not recommended due to the high potential for thermal burns.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Stray Dogs Have Attacked and Bitten 9 year Old Child in Dupnitsa
- » Finland Declares State of Emergency in a Bid to Curb Virus Spread
- » European Commission to Propose Digital EU-wide Vaccine Passports
- » Google Digital Tools to Be Available to Bulgarian Students, Teachers
- » Bulgaria: Green Corridors for Vaccination Reopen at Pirogov and Alexandrovska Hospitals
- » Scientists: Obesity Blunts Effectiveness of Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine