The Turkish Central Bank has shockingly raised Interest Rates
The Turkish central bank announced today a surprisingly large increase in its main interest rate - by 7 and a half percentage points to 25 percent.
This is the highest level of the interest rate since 2019 and its sharpest jump in the three months during which Turkey's economic policy has been led by a market-oriented team, led by President Recep Erdogan's re-election appointments Central Bank Governor Hafize Erkan and by Finance Minister Mehmet Simsek.
Last month, annual inflation in Turkey reached nearly 48 percent because of the billions of dollars in social spending that Erdogan is making in keeping with his campaign promises.
Today Erdogan stated that a positive effect of the taken anti-inflationary measures is already being felt
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Genetic Study Reveals Strong Slavic Ancestry in Bulgarians, Romanians, and Croats Across the Balkans
- » Romania Gets a Ship to Search for Mines in the Black Sea
- » Man Wanted for Double Murder in North Macedonia Arrested in Turkey
- » Romania is Close to a Visa-Free Regime with the US
- » Who is the Bulgarian Detained by Serbia on Espionage Allegations?
- » Serbian Authorities Detain Bulgarian Resident on Espionage Allegations