Over 621,000 Passengers passed through Sofia Airport in May
Almost 4% less traveled compared to the same month of 2019.
Air travel continues to grow and is approaching pre-pandemic levels, but remains below them this month. 612,485 passengers passed through Sofia Airport in May 2023. Airport data shows that this is almost 4% less than in May 2019.
In the fifth month of the year, 19,702 passengers flew to Bulgaria's seaside resorts, a drop of around 15% compared to pre-Covid-19 figures. The data shows a 40% increase in those choosing to fly on international charter flights, or 29,827 passengers.
In the fifth month of the year, a total of 5,279 take-offs and landings took place, which is only about 3% less compared to the same month of 2019.
Freight and postal shipments continue to decline. In May, a total of 1,621 tons were processed at Sofia Airport, which is 15% less than the levels before the pandemic.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Air with Аdditional Flights on the Route Sofia - Varna for the Holidays
- » Bulgaria Records Second Lowest Air Travel Increase in EU
- » Bulgaria’s MFA Launched an App to Help All Travelers Abroad
- » Sofia Airport Introduces Smart Drinking Water Fountains
- » Borovets Gears Up for Winter Season with Artificial Snow Preparation
- » Ryanair Launches Summer 2024 Schedule with over 1.7 Million Seats for Bulgaria