Greek Media: Bulgaria has requested Greek Aircraft to Protect its Skies
Bulgaria has requested Greek military planes to guard its airspace, claims the publication "Kathimerini".
The publication notes that Bulgaria is the fourth Balkan country that wants Greek aviation to protect its skies.
In an extensive report, the Greek media "Kathimerini" reports on negotiations within NATO between Sofia and Athens for the protection of Bulgarian airspace for three months.
Sofia's request was discussed at a meeting of the Alliance and at the diplomatic level, the publication reports, citing a source from NATO headquarters.
Bulgarian military aircraft are limited in number and their capacity cannot cover all security requirements, especially in a period of war in Ukraine, according to Greek comments.
Bulgaria is expected to receive the first of the ordered new aircraft only in 2025, the publication notes.
It is emphasized that Sofia's request confirms once again the excellent relations between the two countries, also proven by the joint energy projects.
After Albania, Montenegro and North Macedonia, Bulgaria is the fourth country to claim that Greek planes protect its airspace.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Ratified Acquisition of Stryker Combat Vehicles for Land Forces
- » US Report Reveals Terrorists Exploiting Bulgarian Networks for Trafficking
- » Bulgaria Participates in NATO's Cyber Coalition 2023, Enhances Cyber Defence
- » Zelensky has Asked for More Weapons from Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Defense Minister Highlights Potential in Drone Production
- » European Sky Shield: Bulgaria Joins 11 Nations in Air Defense Initiative