Bulgarians honor All Souls' Day
Today is All Souls' Day. It is celebrated the day before the great Christian holiday of Pentecost.
On this day, the Orthodox Church performs a special service in memory of the deceased. The general memorial service is known as Cherry All Souls' Day. On this day, wheat, bread, wine, fruit and other foods are prepared and given away for God to forgive. The wheat symbolizes the resurrection, and the bread - Jesus Christ.
Cherries are also distributed, the first of the season, which give this memorial service its name.
The Metropolitan Municipality has organized additional transport to the cemetery parks in the capital.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Author Zdravka Evtimova's Sci-Fi Novel Hits American Shelves
- » Artists Protest Low Budget: Demand Higher Pay and Cultural Funding
- » Bulgaria: Museums in are Demanding 50% More Money in 2024
- » Bulgaria Celebrates St. Nicholas Day: A Tradition of Faith and Festivity
- » Celebrating 50 Years: Sofia Welcomes International Book Fair
- » Plovdiv's Old Town to Host Spectacular Three-Day Wine Festival