The Bulgarian Socialists did not support the EP's decision on Аmmunition for Ukraine
MEP from the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats Ivo Hristov voted "against" the draft law to increase the production of ammunition and missiles in the EU and speed up their shipment to Ukraine. The remaining Bulgarian MEPs from the group abstained. The draft law was adopted by a large majority today.
For the National Radio, MEP Petar Vitanov stated that he supports the draft law in its part on increasing the defense capabilities of the EU and motivated his position as follows:
"It is good to have funds that stimulate the defense capabilities of the EU. Because this is a step towards the emancipation of the EU, towards the development of a sector that is important for Bulgaria - for example, the Bulgarian military-industrial complex employs 50,000 people".
However, the MEP is against EU plants working for the Ukrainian front:
"I am not saying that Ukraine should not be helped. On the contrary. It is clear who is the victim and who is the aggressor. But I think that the EU should make more efforts in search of peace initiatives".
Vitanov also said that a political solution to the Russia-Ukraine conflict should be sought and that the EU should not become a front for NATO.
All Bulgarian MEPs from the other political groups supported the bill.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Day 646 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky Calls For Rapid Construction of Fortifications in Key Areas
- » Day 645 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Bulgaria’s Decision to Not Let Through Lavrov’s Plane is Absurd says the Kremlin
- » Day 644 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Will Not Make Peace Before Seeing the Results of the US Elections
- » Day 643 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces Breaking Through Defenses near Avdiivka
- » NATO Chief: Ukraine Managed to Get Back Half of the Lands Captured by Russia