Bulgaria is now up 20 Points in the Reporters Without Borders Index
Bulgaria has climbed 20 spots in the annual Media Freedom Index of the non-governmental organization Reporters Without Borders. According to the organization, this freedom remains fragile and unstable in our country, which is "one of the poorest and most corrupt in the European Union". "The few independent voices in Bulgaria work under constant pressure," Reporters Without Borders also points out.
After years of our country being placed further and further behind in the index, since 2021 there has been an ascent, and now it is in 71st place in the world out of a total of 180 countries. Among the EU member states, the media in Hungary and Greece were defined as less free.
"Reporters Without Borders" traditionally publishes its ranking on May 3, which is World Press Freedom Day. According to this year's index, the freest media is in Norway, and the least free - those in North Korea.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Timing Matters: 10-Hour Eating Window Enhances Mood and Hunger, Study Finds
- » Alarming Reality: 17% of Bulgarian Babies and Young Children Live in Poverty
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mild and Windy Saturday, Rain Approaching Sunday
- » This Month is Sofia's 50th Book Fair: A Literary Milestone
- » Sexual Transmission Dominates New HIV Cases in Bulgaria
- » Sofia University Secures Top Spot in Bulgarian Higher Education Rankings