Today is International Earth Day
Today we celebrate International Earth Day. It is the largest non-religious holiday in the world celebrated by over half a billion people. Each year, the International Earth Day Network coordinates the actions of more than 12,000 partners in 174 countries aimed at protecting planet Earth and preserving life on it.
The Earth Day Network seeks to build broad civic support for sustainable and effective environmental development policies around the world.
For the first time, Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970 in the USA and Canada - millions of North Americans participated in a demonstration and called on politicians, statesmen and business circles to include environmental protection in their priorities. In 1990, the holiday of our planet was declared international, and Bulgaria joined its celebration in 1993.
The goal is to unite the people of the planet. On the occasion of Earth Day, environmental organizations will hold a number of events across Bulgaria.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grim Discovery: Over 1,000 Unmarked Graves Found Along EU Migrant Routes
- » Kremlin: No Peace Talks on Kyiv's Terms!
- » Day 653 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Aid to the Country has Fallen to its Lowest Level since the Start of the War
- » Genetic Study Reveals Strong Slavic Ancestry in Bulgarians, Romanians, and Croats Across the Balkans
- » US President and Israeli PM Focus on Separating Civilians from Hamas in Conflict Resolution
- » New Charges Against Joe Biden's Son