Scholz in Romania: A Stronger NATO presence is needed in the Black Sea
President of Romania Klaus Iohannis met today with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
"Today's discussions were aimed at strengthening our relations. I reminded of the authentic connection between the two countries, between the Romanian community in Germany and the ethnic Germans in Romania," announced Iohannis, quoted by stiripesurse.ro.
"At the forefront of the conversations was the development of the war. It is critical that these efforts continue. The discussions were also aimed at increasing our support for the Eastern partners, especially for Ukraine or Moldova," continued the Romanian president. "The Black Sea is of strategic importance more than ever. We argue that an increased NATO presence there is necessary," Iohannis concluded.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again
- » After the 7-Day Ceasefire: Second Day of Fighting in Gaza
- » Bulgarian and Romanian MEPs Protest Against Schengen Veto in Vienna
- » Day 646 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky Calls For Rapid Construction of Fortifications in Key Areas
- » Serbia Bolsters Border Security, Plans Increased Police Presence along Bulgaria Border