Spokesman of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry : We encourage Bulgaria to give us their MiG-29s
"Ukraine is encouraging Bulgaria to also give its MiG-29 jets, after Poland and Slovakia gave theirs." This was stated in a special interview for the Bulgarian National Television by the spokesman of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine Yuriy Sak.
According to him, Ukraine, which is preparing for its spring offensive, needs to strengthen its Air Force, which provides air cover for ground operations. The Ukrainian armed forces are fighting heavily in Bakhmut and Avdiivka, where every day, he says, they are killing between 900 and 1,000 Russian soldiers, who are being used by Russia's armed forces as "cannon fodder", he said.
He admitted that Ukrainians also make sacrifices. The issue of aircraft, he said, is similar to that of tanks when the country first requested heavy weapons from its allies last year. Gradually, Sak explained, the Allies began to transfer Soviet-type tanks to Western-style weapons.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » Bulgaria’s President: When we Sell Weapons to Other Countries, We will Set Conditions so that they don’t Reach Ukraine
- » Asylum Applicants in 2022 Increase by 64% in EU, by 86% in Bulgaria
- » The Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Intensifies: 1.6 times Increase in the Number of People Caught
- » The EU will allocate 600 Million Euros to Strengthen Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » NATO: The Majority of Bulgarians support an Increase in Defense Spending