Goldman Sachs raised the Likelihood of a US Recession
Goldman Sachs Group said the probability that the United States will enter a recession this year now stands at 35 percent, compared with 25 percent in the big investment bank's previous forecast.
The bank noted that the upwardly revised likelihood reflects "increased near-term uncertainty around the economic effects of the stress on small banks."
In February, Goldman Sachs said a US recession was unlikely due to "continued strength in the labor market and early signs of improvement in business surveys".
At the same time, Goldman Sachs upgraded its outlook for China's economy in 2023, now expecting China's gross domestic product (GDP) to grow 6 percent year-on-year, up from a previous forecast of 5.5 percent expansion.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WizzAir launches a New Route from Bulgaria to Albania
- » Growth in Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Asen Vassilev: Within 2 weeks Bulgaria will have a Draft Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit
- » Over 75% of Bulgarians have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » The EC Plans to Extend the Ban of Imports of Ukrainian Wheat to Bulgaria and 4 more countries
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending