UK Households are being Paid to Switch Off their Electrical Appliances
Britain has been gripped by very cold weather and the power system is struggling due to high demand.
That's why a contingency plan was put in place, according to which households are paid if they switch off their electrical appliances between 5 and 6 p.m. Over 1 million households and businesses have joined the initiative. It is estimated that up to 20 pounds can be saved this way. This measure will probably become a practice, and the duration will increase by half an hour.
Several factors necessitated this move - Great Britain relied on gas-fired power plants to generate electricity. However, it turns out that wind turbines stop working at prolonged sub-zero temperatures and have no substitute.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » The US and Canada are Tracking Suspected Chinese Surveillance Balloons
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine