Azerbaijan Confirmed the Supply of 12 Billion cubic meters of Gas to the EU in 2023
Azerbaijan has confirmed the supply of 12 billion cubic meters of gas to the EU in 2023, DPA reported, quoted by BTA.
The country will export a total of 24 billion cubic meters of gas in 2023, half of which will go to Europe, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said on state television.
So far, 8.1 billion cubic meters have been delivered annually.
Last July, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and Aliyev signed a corresponding declaration of intent on gas supplies so the EU could shake off its dependence on Russian energy in light of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Starting in 2027, at least 20 billion cubic meters of gas will be supplied annually.
According to Aliyev, Azerbaijan exported a total of 22 billion cubic meters of gas abroad last year. At the same time, the country imported 200 to 300 million cubic meters of gas from the Russian state company Gazprom for its own needs.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » In 2023: Bulgaria exports nearly 70% less electricity
- » President Radev in Delphi: Bulgaria is the Center of Energy Policy in the Balkans and Southeast Europe
- » Bulgaria concluded a Memorandum of Cooperation with Gas Transmission Operators from 4 Countries