Bulgaria: A moving Train caught Fire
The locomotive of the fast train from Varna to Sofia caught fire in motion at around 11 a.m. today. This was told by passengers traveling in the ill-fated train.
The fire broke out after the departure from Mezdra station to Cherepish. The passengers were the first to notice it and alert the drivers. All passengers, about 50 people, were evacuated and there were no injuries.
It is a curious fact that only two days ago a fire broke out in a second train on this route. On Wednesday, a locomotive was on fire at the Pordim station.
According to a number of railway experts, the reason for the increasing frequency of these incidents is not only the outdated rolling stock of Bulgarian Railways, but also the appalling maintenance of the equipment.
The moving of trains has been restored on the railway line between Sofia and Mezdra after the fire.
The passengers, about 80 people according to the conductor, were reloaded in a new train after a forced stay of about 2 hours and left for the final station.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash with Migrants near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after being Hit by a Freight Train in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A 12-year-old Child caught Driving at 120 km/h on Trakia Highway
- » Bulgaria: A 29-year-old Man Died in a Car Crash - An Injured Baby is in a Hospital