The Bulgarian Military Destroyed a Mine found on the Beach in Obzor
Military personnel from the Naval Forces (VMS) destroyed today, January 3, an unexploded ordnance found on the beach in the town of Obzor, Burgas Region.
At 10:50 p.m. last night, the Maritime Operations Center of the Navy received a request from the regional governor of Burgas for the assistance of Navy specialists in identifying and possibly destroying an object resembling a mine found on the beach.
A formation for reconnaissance, transportation and destruction of unexploded ordnance from the Naval Base - Varna, led by Captain III rank Ilia Stoychev, inspected the discovered object, which was classified as an old heavily corroded anti-landing mine. The mine was destroyed on site, with the area cordoned off, with strict observance of safety measures.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Parliament approved a New Contract of 7.2 Million Dollars for the F-16s
- » Greek Media: Bulgaria has requested Greek Aircraft to Protect its Skies
- » New Defense Minister believes it is Extremely Important for Bulgaria to provide Military Aid to Ukraine
- » Turkish Military Equipment will pass through Bulgaria to join KFOR in Kosovo
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: The Defensive Shield-23 Exercise achieved its Goals of assembling a Multinational Battalion