Turkey has introduced a Tourist Tax
A tourist tax has been introduced in Turkey since January 1. Guests of the country will pay 2% extra for accommodation in hotels, tourist villages, motels, boarding houses, as well as for tours organized by travel agencies.
Employees of diplomatic missions and international organizations with diplomatic status are exempt from tourist tax.
The decision on a tourist tax was made back in 2019, but its implementation was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Representatives of the tourism business in Turkey have previously spoken out against the introduction of this tax on the grounds that it will weaken the competitive position that the country has, which, unlike other countries, did not pay a tourist tax until now.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grim Discovery: Over 1,000 Unmarked Graves Found Along EU Migrant Routes
- » Kremlin: No Peace Talks on Kyiv's Terms!
- » Day 653 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Aid to the Country has Fallen to its Lowest Level since the Start of the War
- » Genetic Study Reveals Strong Slavic Ancestry in Bulgarians, Romanians, and Croats Across the Balkans
- » US President and Israeli PM Focus on Separating Civilians from Hamas in Conflict Resolution
- » New Charges Against Joe Biden's Son