Historians: Fascism never came to Power in Bulgaria
Fascism never came to power in Bulgaria. Fascist organizations did not participate in the government of the country during the entire period from the 1920s until the fall of 1944.
This is stated in the opinion of the leading Bulgarian historians sent to the BGNES Agency.
The opinion was signed by: Prof. Daniel Vachkov, Nikolay Poppetrov, Prof. Angel Dimitrov, Associate Professor Naum Kaichev, Prof. Ivan Ilchev, Prof. Veselin Yanchev, Prof. Ivaylo Znepolski, Angel Johnev, Associate Professor Alexander Grebenarov and others.
Bulgarian historians emphasize that no leading fascist party was created in Bulgaria, which would have the opportunity to claim political power. The regime established after 1934 is not led by a fascist party, does not radiate a fascist leader. Moreover, it was in conflict with fascist organizations, historians note.
"The regime did not have a fascist ideology either. Oddly enough, it did not create a systematized ideology at all. The government of the country from 1934 to 1944 was authoritarian, but not fascist. For the entire decade of its existence, the political regime remained completely non-partisan", the leading Bulgarian historians are emphatic.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Book Fair in Sofia
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out
- » Interesting Ways That Bulgaria Is Contributing to the Global Entertainment Industry
- » Croatian National Theater in the Heart of Sofia
- » Archangel All Soul’s Day in Bulgaria – We Honor the Dead and the Memory of fallen Bulgarian Soldiers
- » How do Good Luck Charms Differ from Country to Country?