Saddam's Half-brother Barzan Captured
Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks, in a briefing at U.S. Central Command, said Barzan Ibrahim Hasan, a top adviser to Saddam, was captured alone in Baghdad. No casualties were sustained by the special forces or the U.S. Marines who provided support.
Brooks declined to give details about the operation, but said it resulted from information provided by Iraqis. The U.S.-led coalition is ``relentlessly pursuing the scattered members of a fractured regime,'' Brooks said.
Another of Saddam's three half brothers, Watban Ibrahim Hasan, was captured previously; he once served as Iraq's interior minister. Both are considered likely to have information about any weapons of mass destruction developed by Saddam's regime.
The third half brother, Sab'awi Ibrahim Hassan, reportedly took refuge in Syria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » WCC and DB accuse the other parties of a Conspiracy against the Admission of Bulgaria to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria’s Ecominister: We are Not Prepared with an Alternative to Coal Plants
- » Lorer: The Union between "We Continue the Change" and "Democratic Bulgaria" will bring New Hope to Bulgaria
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » Former PM Petkov: We are Starting the Great Unification of Democratic Communities