The USA announced Military Aid to Bulgaria and 18 other countries in Europe
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who is on an unannounced visit to Kyiv, announced new military aid of two billion dollars for Ukraine and 18 other European countries, including Bulgaria, BTA reported.
In a meeting with senior Ukrainian officials, he said the sum was long-term military funding for countries at "the greatest potential risk of future Russian aggression".
A State Department announcement said that of the two billion that must be approved by Congress, about half will be distributed among Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Estonia, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, North Macedonia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and the Czech Republic.
Separately, earlier today Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin announced $675 million in military aid to Ukraine in Ramstein, Germany. With it, the US commitments to Ukraine since the beginning of President Joe Biden's term are already worth 15.2 billion dollars.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria approved to send Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Providing Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine will Not Endanger the Bulgarian Air Defense
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities