Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
The Bulgarian ambassador to the Russian Federation, Atanas Krastin, was summoned to the Russian Foreign Ministry to be handed a note declaring 14 employees of the Bulgarian embassy in Moscow persona non grata.
Moscow: Sofia's hostile actions have nothing to do with Bulgaria's interests
Russia is convinced that Sofia's hostile actions towards Moscow have nothing to do with the national interests of Bulgaria and its people. This is stated in a message of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
"We are convinced that hostile actions at the behest of Russia have nothing to do with the national interests of Bulgaria and its people," said the Russian Foreign Ministry.
This decision comes after Bulgaria expelled 70 Russian diplomats back in June 2022. After which the Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria, Eleonora Mitrofanova, threatened our country that diplomatic relations between Moscow and Sofia would be severed. Of course, this did not happen and reciprocal measures were expected.
Throughout history, Bulgaria and Russia had severed diplomatic relations a couple of times and for different reasons. Read more about them here.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria
- » US Ambassador: Politicians in Bulgaria take advantage of Russian Propaganda for short-term Benefits
- » US Ambassador Herro Mustafa leaves Bulgaria as an Optimist for the Fight against Corruption in our Country