Guterres urged: More Taxes on the Profits of Energy Companies
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has called for special taxes on oil and gas companies. His statement comes as rising energy prices fueled by the war in Ukraine are pushing industry profits to new highs. All this is happening while households struggle with ever-increasing bills, the UN Secretary-General emphasizes.
“It is immoral that oil and gas companies are making record profits from this energy crisis on the backs of the poorest people and communities and at a huge cost to the climate. The total profits of the largest energy companies in the first quarter of this year are close to 100 billion dollars. I call on all governments to tax these exorbitant profits and use the funds to support the most vulnerable people in these difficult times. And I call on people everywhere to send a clear message to the fossil fuel industry and their financiers that this grotesque greed is punishing the poorest and most vulnerable people while destroying our only common home – the planet,” urged Guterres.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" with an Estimated Gas Price for October of EUR 137.69 per megawatt hour
- » Bulgaria: The State to grant a Loan of BGN 800 million to Bulgargaz
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: All Gas Sources are on the Table, including Gazprom
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price