Facebook with first Historical Drop in Revenue
The social network Facebook for the first time in its history reported a decline in revenues - for the second quarter they fell by 1% to 28.8 billion dollars.
The drop in revenue for the third quarter is expected to be even greater, reports The Verge.
Parent company Meta's total profit fell 36% to $6.7 billion. Reality Labs, the division responsible for creating Mark Zuckerberg's meta-universe, lost $2.8 billion in the second quarter.
Apple's "Ask not to track" app has reduced the effectiveness of ads, with iPhone users alone losing $10 billion in ad revenue last year alone. The application, combined with the global recession and crises forced advertisers to reduce their spending.
Although Meta's revenue is down, the company still saw daily Facebook users grow by 3% to 1.97 billion.
The company now counts 2.88 billion users who use the company's suite of applications - Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria will receive EUR 16 Million in Compensation due to large Imports of Grain from Ukraine