Zelensky: I Thank Petkov for Supporting our Status as an EU Candidate
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky thanked Bulgarian Prime Minister Kirill Petkov for his willingness to support granting Ukraine EU candidate status.
"We coordinated our steps with the Prime Minister of Bulgaria @KirilPetkov on the eve of the European Council. I thanked Bulgaria for its readiness to support granting our country the status of an EU candidate country," wrote Zelensky on Twitter.
The Brussels summit will take place on 23 and 24 June. The main task of the heads of state of the 27 member states will be to vote on the European Commission's proposal for Ukraine. Full unanimity is needed for Kyiv to take the path of European integration.
Last week, the EC recommended that Ukraine and Moldova be granted candidate status, the first step in a long process of EU membership talks.
Petkov will attend the European Council meeting even if tonight's no-confidence vote is successful. In such a scenario, he will represent Bulgaria as resigned prime minister.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Provide Ukraine with Funds to Combat Nuclear and Chemical Threats
- » Day 125 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 18 Dead after Russians Hit a Mall in Kremenchuk
- » Day 124 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle of Lysychansk Continues, Zelensky wants More Weapons
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk
- » Day 121 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Withdraws from Sievierodonetsk, EU Candidate Status Granted