Bulgaria: Hundreds of Protesters gathered in front of Parliament in support of Nikola Minchev
Hundreds protested in front of the parliament in support of Nikola Minchev, who hours ago was removed from the post of Speaker of the National Assembly - with the votes of GERB, DPS, “There Is Such a People” and “Vazrazhdane”.
"We don't want GERB, DPS and the ‘kopeykas’, we don't want mafia, corruption! Let's not run away from Bulgaria. No to Putin! We want Bulgaria to be an independent European country," the protesters chanted.
Some of the demonstrators carry signs with slogans "I am with Nikola".
At 19:15 p.m. Nikola Minchev came out on the stairs in front of the National Assembly and was applauded by the demonstrators.
Before that, the deputies from Democratic Bulgaria joined the protest and spoke in front of the crowd.
After the vote on the budget, the entire parliamentary group of the “We Continue the Change”, together with Nikola Minchev, will go to the demonstrators.
The protesters repeatedly called on the chairman of the parliamentary group of “There Is Such a People”, Toshko Yordanov, to come out to meet with him, but he did not show up.
At 19:30 p.m. the procession headed to the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WCC and DB accuse the other parties of a Conspiracy against the Admission of Bulgaria to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria’s Ecominister: We are Not Prepared with an Alternative to Coal Plants
- » Lorer: The Union between "We Continue the Change" and "Democratic Bulgaria" will bring New Hope to Bulgaria
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » Former PM Petkov: We are Starting the Great Unification of Democratic Communities
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured