Bulgaria: An Exhibition about the War in Ukraine was Vandalized in Sofia
Photos from the war in Ukraine were vandalized in Sofia, “Fotofabrika” director Emmy Barouh told Radio Free Europe Bulgaria. On some of the images of destroyed and injured people is painted with white spray the letter Z, which Russia uses as a symbol of its invasion.
The exhibition is titled "Ukraine: The Archives of a Crime" and features photographs by Reuters. After staying in place for a month, it was supposed to be closed on June 9 but the deadline was extended.
"Our team noticed the letter Z on the images late Friday morning," said Emmy Barouh. The foundation has filed a complaint with the police department responsible for the territory where the vandalism took place.
The Z sign is inscribed on 4 of the 30 photographs in the exhibition. There are photos in which not the image is not defaced, but the inscription, which explains where and under what conditions the photos were taken, is defaced
The Z sign also covers the introductory text to the exhibition, which reminds that Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, 2022, and that, according to UNICEF, one Ukrainian child every second since then has become a refugee.
"Fotofabrika" organizes annual outdoor photo exhibitions, which are available free of charge to every passer-by. So far, the foundation has had only one other exhibition that has been vandalized - one that shows the suffering of refugees in 2015.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
/Radio Free Europe Bulgaria
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » Day 344 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Von der Leyen visits Kyiv, Russian Officer witnessed Brutal Torture of Ukrainians (UPDATED)
- » Day 343 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US will provide Long-Awaited Longer-Range Weapons (UPDATED)
- » Day 342 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Biden is against sending Fighter Jets to Kyiv
- » Day 341 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Boris Johnson with a Missile (UPDATED)
- » Day 340 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Negotiating the Supply of Long-Range Missiles