Latvia: If Ukraine Loses, We are Next
Latvian Defense Minister Artis Pabriks called on the partners to increase support for Ukraine so that they do not have to defend Latvia later, the Delfi portal reported.
"Ukraine is now fighting our war - and if it loses, the next one will come and we will pay the price for it," Pabriks said. He added that the allies did not understand this.
The Minister thanked the countries that significantly support Ukraine - the United States, Britain, Poland, the Baltic States, the Czech Republic and the Scandinavian countries.
At the same time, the politician noted that some countries are not doing their job well enough. Pabriks added that time flies and Latvia, despite generous support from Western countries, needs even more support - especially from the United States.
A few days ago, Pabriks called on representatives of the US Congress to expand military support for Latvia by increasing the presence of armed forces in the region.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 470 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Several NATO countries are already considering Sending Troops to Ukraine
- » Day 469 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kherson is under water, Ukraine wants Help from the EU
- » Day 468 of the Invasion of Ukraine: State of Emergency has been declared in Nova Kakhovka after the Explosion of the Dam Wall
- » Day 467 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv claims Ignorance of a possible Counteroffensive
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky