UN: The War can lead to the Poverty of 90% of Ukrainians
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) has warned that 90% of people in Ukraine could fall into poverty if Russia continues to attack.
"We are talking about the fact that nine out of ten Ukrainians will fall into poverty if this war continues until the end of the year," said Manal Fouani, UNDP Deputy Representative in Ukraine.
She said it was a "shocking number", given that the country's poverty rate was only 2.5% just before the start of the war.
Fouani said 18 years of development achievements could be lost by the end of the year - "investments by the European Union and all donors and development partners in the country over the last 20 years".
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea
- » Ukraine Stopped the Transit of Russian Oil to Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- » Day 167 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zaporizhzhia to hold a Referendum on Joining Russia
- » Day 166 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Amnesty Apologized for its Report but Did Not Retract its Findings
- » Day 165 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Parts of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant were Damaged