Ukrainian Media: Russian Frigate "Admiral Makarov" was Hit near Snake Island
The frigate "Admiral Makarov" - one of the newest in the Russian Black Sea Fleet - was hit by Ukrainians near the notorious Snake Island, Ukrainian media reported.
So far, neither army has confirmed or denied the news.
It was reported by the Odessa edition of "Dumskaya" yesterday and spread instantly in the Ukrainian media.
According to the information, a Ukrainian missile "Neptune" has hit the frigate, which was on fire, and Russian planes flying in from the base in Crimea were circling in the area.
It is very likely that the Russian warship was severely damaged. It is assumed that the frigate "Admiral Makarov" was hit by "Neptune", according to the Ukrainian media Nexta. UNIAN writes that on May 5 or 6, according to still unconfirmed information, the frigate "Admiral Makarov" was successfully attacked. There are reports of fire and rescue ships being sent to the area, which could mean that the frigate has lost its course, the Ukrainian agency added.
The news was also announced by Ukrainian MP Oleksiy Goncharenko on Instagram, without naming a source.
At the same time, an updated statement of the General Staff (of Ukraine) states that the Russians lost another ship/submarine on May 6, UNIAN added.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia not only Destroys but Depopulates Ukraine: A Quarter of its Population is already Abroad
- » Day 278 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Pentagon considers giving Ukraine Munitions with Range 'Deep into Russia's Rear'
- » The Мatch for Ukraine is decided between Washington and Moscow
- » Day 277 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heavy Snowfall leaves Millions of Ukrainians without Electricity and Heating
- » Day 276 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Six Million Households remain without Electricity
- » NATO: There will be No Lasting Peace if Russia Wins the War in Ukraine