EU’s Plan to Reduce Dependence on Russian Oil: Less Driving and Work from Home
The EU is urging people to drive less, use less air conditioning and work from home at least three days a week to reduce their dependence on Russian oil and gas. The European Commission says the measures developed by the International Energy Agency will save households an average of nearly 500 euros a year.
If all EU citizens follow the 9-point plan called "Play Your Role", enough oil will be saved to fill 120 super tankers and enough natural gas to build nearly 20 million homes, according to reports in the media, BGNES reported.
The EU and the IEA say: "Most households have higher electricity bills due to the energy crisis exacerbated by the war. Reducing energy consumption is not only a current way for Europeans to reduce their bills, but also to support Ukraine by reducing the need for Russian gas and oil."
European citizens are urged to turn off the heating in the winter and use less air conditioning in the summer, to reduce the speed on highways and air conditioning in the car.
The EU is urging citizens to use their cars more economically, to leave them at home in the big cities on Sunday, instead taking short journeys on foot or by bicycle, using public transport and using the train instead of flying.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: All Gas Sources are on the Table, including Gazprom
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price
- » Bulgarian Minister: The Greece-Bulgaria Gas Connection will have the Greatest Privileges in the Entire Country
- » The French government has drawn up a Package of Measures and Sanctions to Save Electricity