Road Builders across Bulgaria in a National Protest over Suspended Repairs
Road builders from across Bulgaria are protesting today. They threaten to block key routes.
Their dissatisfaction is against the fact that road repairs have been suspended due to debts of the state treasury in the amount of one billion levs (BGN) to road construction companies.
Yesterday, Prime Minister Kiril Petkov announced that he had proposed to his coalition partners to pay half of the money owed to construction companies, and the remaining 50% would have to go through a parliamentary report.
The decision is due to be voted on Thursday. A similar proposal was submitted to parliament last week, but the decision was twice postponed, sparking discontent in the road industry.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Former Bulgarian PM: It would be Tragic to Give Up Liquefied Gas and Pay in Rubles
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria’s President: An Active Information Campaign is Needed for the Machine Vote
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy will Unblock Arms Exports for BGN 1 Billion
- » Priorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: The Fight against Vote Buying, Road Safety and Domestic Crime