Bulgarian Captain: Unfortunately there is no guarantee for our Sailors in Ukraine
“Unfortunately, there is no guarantee for our sailors in Ukraine.” This was stated in an interview for BNR by Captain Dimitar Dimitrov, President of the European Confederation of Associations of Sea Captains:
“We had such a case with the ship ‘Vasil Levski’ back in 1967, during the Vietnam War. He was fired upon in southern Vietnam. The same ship, unfortunately, then landed during the war in Israel. In this situation, everyone must rely on the actions of the shipowner (captain) to instruct the ship how to act.”
“In this situation, the Ministry of Defense cannot do anything, because we are not part of this military conflict. I am convinced that the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has done enough,” added the President of the European Confederation of Maritime Captains' Associations.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: The sailors from Tsarevna are in good health
The 17 Bulgarian sailors aboard the ship Tsarevna, blocked in Mariupol, are well, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed to BNR.
From there they specify that our compatriots are in good health and are in constant contact with them.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN