NATO is planning a Permanent Force on its Eastern Borders
“NATO is developing plans for the permanent deployment of troops along its eastern borders in response to Russia's growing military activity.” This was stated in an interview with the British newspaper “The Daily Telegraph” by NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg.
He said about 40,000 troops were already stationed on the Alliance's eastern flank, about ten times more than just a few months ago. And their number will grow.
Adjustment decisions are expected to be made at a NATO summit in Madrid in June.
On 24 March, the NATO Secretary-General announced that in response to developments in Ukraine, the Alliance would increase its military presence on its eastern flank by sea, land and air. As well as air defense, missile defense systems and cyber defense.
It was also announced that four additional multinational battle groups would be established in Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Genetic Study Reveals Strong Slavic Ancestry in Bulgarians, Romanians, and Croats Across the Balkans
- » Romania Gets a Ship to Search for Mines in the Black Sea
- » Man Wanted for Double Murder in North Macedonia Arrested in Turkey
- » Romania is Close to a Visa-Free Regime with the US
- » Who is the Bulgarian Detained by Serbia on Espionage Allegations?
- » Serbian Authorities Detain Bulgarian Resident on Espionage Allegations