NATO is planning a Permanent Force on its Eastern Borders
“NATO is developing plans for the permanent deployment of troops along its eastern borders in response to Russia's growing military activity.” This was stated in an interview with the British newspaper “The Daily Telegraph” by NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg.
He said about 40,000 troops were already stationed on the Alliance's eastern flank, about ten times more than just a few months ago. And their number will grow.
Adjustment decisions are expected to be made at a NATO summit in Madrid in June.
On 24 March, the NATO Secretary-General announced that in response to developments in Ukraine, the Alliance would increase its military presence on its eastern flank by sea, land and air. As well as air defense, missile defense systems and cyber defense.
It was also announced that four additional multinational battle groups would be established in Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Croatian President: We stole Kosovo from Serbia, Crimea will never be Ukraine
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia
- » Tension in Kosovo after an Albanian Shot two Serbian Boys