Sofia, Bulgaria: More than 10,000 People in Support of Ukraine (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
At least 10,000 people gathered tonight in Nezavisimost (Independence) Square in Sofia, Bulgaria for a march in support of Ukraine.
The crowd, comparable in number only to the first spontaneous protests against the appointment of Delyan Peevski as head of SANS, went to Orlov Most (Orlov Bridge) at about 7.30 p.m., and almost half an hour later there was still a queue at the Crystal Garden.
The procession was peaceful. Participants wore Ukrainian national flags or were dressed in the yellow and blue colors of the Ukrainian flag. Here is what some of the participants said to reporters:
“It was time to show that it's not just the ‘kopeiki’ (rubles) that are vocal.”
“It was high time we washed our faces in front of the world.”
“All over the world, incl. in Russia, there were many large-scale protests against the aggressor Putin, and in our country, the situation was alarmingly lean.”
Last night, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky called in a video message for all people around the world to take to the streets of their settlements today in support of his country in the war against Russia.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 222 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Breakthrough in Kherson, Both Sides accuse each other of Shelling
- » Day 221 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians withdraw from Lyman, Zelensky vows for more Recaptured Territories
- » Day 220 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West Reacts to Putin’s Speech and his Nuclear Threats
- » Kyiv's response to Putin: Ukraine quickly Enters NATO
- » Day 219 of the Invasion of Ukraine: "Treaty" and a Concert in Moscow, Putin begins the Annexation of Occupied Regions
- » Day 218 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Half of the Nord Stream Gas Leaked into the Baltic Sea