Russia has Left the Council of Europe
Russia has left the Council of Europe, getting ahead of the Strasbourg-based human rights group.
The Council of Europe had frozen Russian membership since February 25, the day after the invasion of Ukraine began.
Last week, Moscow said NATO and European Union countries were undermining the Council and that Russia would no longer participate.
Russia is only the second country to leave the organization. Greece acted in a similar way in 1969, but rejoined five years after democracy was restored.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon
- » Russia is stepping up Cyber Attacks against Ukraine's European allies
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » The International Criminal Court ordered the Arrest of Vladimir Putin
- » Pro-Ukrainian Russians briefly attacked Russia’s Bryansk region - Putin declared it “Terrorist Attack”
- » Medvedev: Russia should expand its Borders at least to Poland