Russia has Left the Council of Europe
Russia has left the Council of Europe, getting ahead of the Strasbourg-based human rights group.
The Council of Europe had frozen Russian membership since February 25, the day after the invasion of Ukraine began.
Last week, Moscow said NATO and European Union countries were undermining the Council and that Russia would no longer participate.
Russia is only the second country to leave the organization. Greece acted in a similar way in 1969, but rejoined five years after democracy was restored.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday
- » Putin Condemned "the West's Collective Efforts to Destroy the European Security System"
- » Lavrov: There are No Negotiations on a New Treaty to Reduce Nuclear Weapons
- » The War in Ukraine made Russia Second in the World in Downloading VPN apps
- » Russia withdraws from the International Space Station
- » Medvedev: European Intellectuals suffer from severe Diarrhea for Fear of Freezing Out