Four Reuters Staff Wounded at Baghdad's Palestine Hotel
Baghdad's Palestine Hotel has accommodated much of the foreign media in the Iraqi capital, including Elena Ioncheva, correspondent of the Bulgarian National Television.
It was not immediately clear if there were other casualties after a blast struck an upper floor of the high-rise building on the eastern banks of the Tigris river. Some observers said it looked like a tank or artillery shell had hit the building.
U.S. tanks, artillery and warplanes have been pounding Iraqi forces in the city center all morning. Iraqis have fired back with some artillery and rocket-propelled grenades.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Banned the Use of Alcohol and Drugs by Military Personnel
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: We Need to Talk with North Macedonia as a Country to Country
- » 42 Countries have given Permission for Bulgarians to Vote on their Territory
- » NATO's Multinational Battlegroup in Bulgaria completes its Biggest Exercise yet (VIDEO)
- » Bulgarian PM expects from the Ministry of the Interior Serious Control of the Roads
- » For Bulgarians Abroad: A Form is Now Available to Vote in the October Elections