Putin: Volunteers are Welcome to Help the Fight against Ukrainian Forces
Russian President Vladimir Putin said today that he wanted to allow volunteers to fight Ukrainian forces and approved the surrender of captured Western missile systems to Russian-backed rebels, Reuters reported.
Russia's Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has proposed that US-made anti-tank systems such as Javelin and Stinger be handed over to fighters in the rebel Luhansk and Donetsk regions.
Putin, who attended a meeting of Russia's National Security Council, backed the idea. He added that volunteers should be allowed to fight alongside Russian-backed forces. Shoigu said 16,000 volunteers had already applied from the Middle East, TASS reported.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday
- » Putin Condemned "the West's Collective Efforts to Destroy the European Security System"
- » Lavrov: There are No Negotiations on a New Treaty to Reduce Nuclear Weapons
- » The War in Ukraine made Russia Second in the World in Downloading VPN apps
- » Russia withdraws from the International Space Station
- » Medvedev: European Intellectuals suffer from severe Diarrhea for Fear of Freezing Out