Pentagon has Rejected Poland's offer of MiG-29 Fighter Jets
The Pentagon has rejected Poland's offer to transfer its MiG-29 fighters to the United States for delivery to Ukraine. The White House has previously said it is in talks with the Polish government to supply Ukraine with its Soviet-era fighter jets and the United States to provide them with F-16s.
Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Poland's proposal to donate all of its MiG-29 fighters to the US Air Force at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany and then hand them over to Ukraine was not considered appropriate.
A senior State Department official said yesterday that Poland had not consulted the United States before making its statement, and according to John Kirby, the proposal was too risky and difficult to resolve, as Russia made threatening statements if someone provided weapons to the Ukrainians.
According to observers, the Biden administration was completely unprepared for the Polish proposal.
It is alleged that the idea was not discussed with the United States and Secretary of State Antony Blinken during his recent visit to Poland. Before being made public, Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland said the United States and Poland had been in consultations for several days, but said it was a “surprise move by Poles”.
The surprising Polish announcement is seen as complicating the visit of Vice President Kamala Harris, who is due to arrive in Warsaw today.
Write to us at email@example.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 213 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums Continue for a Second Day in the Russian-Occupied Regions
- » UN: War Crimes were Committed in Ukraine during the Conflict with Russia
- » Day 212 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums on Joining Russia have started in 4 Ukrainian Regions
- » Russia Banned the Bulgarian Language in Occupied Ukraine
- » Day 211 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The World Reacts to Putin’s Mobilization
- » Day 210 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Declares Partial Mobilization and Threatens the West with Nuclear Weapons