How are the Right of Residence and Work of Ukrainian Citizens arriving in Bulgaria Regulated
Ukrainian citizens have the right to enter without a visa and to stay in the Republic of Bulgaria for 90 days every 6 months. This was announced by the Migration Directorate of the Ministry of Interior.
How to Help People in Ukraine if You are in Bulgaria
The period may be extended for humanitarian reasons related to extraordinary circumstances. The order in which Ukrainian citizens can take advantage of the right to additional stay on the territory of our country is defined in the Regulations for the implementation of the Law on Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria.
Those who want to continue their stay in our country can submit an application to the Migration Directorate - Ministry of Interior or to sectors and groups “Migration” at the Ministry of Interior before the expiration of the permitted period of residence under the visa-free regime. The application form is received on the spot or filled in in advance by downloading it from the website of the Migration Directorate - Ministry of Interior.
Citizens of Ukraine of Bulgarian origin can obtain a permit for long-term or permanent residence in the Republic of Bulgaria, if they have an employment contract with a Bulgarian employer for a period longer than 6 months.
More than 7,000 Refugees from Ukraine are already in Bulgaria
If they wish to receive international protection (refugee status or humanitarian status), Ukrainian citizens can apply in the offices of the State Agency for Refugees at the Council of Ministers, before the Migration Directorate of the Ministry of Interior in Sofia and the country, and before the authorities. General Directorate of Border Police - Ministry of Interior.
For more information, Ukrainian citizens can visit the Migration Directorate - Ministry of Interior in Sofia, at 48 Knyaginya Maria Luiza Blvd. If they are outside Sofia, they can go to the relevant Migration Departments of the Regional Directorate of the Ministry of Interior in Sofia.
Additional questions can be asked on the website of the Migration Directorate. Where the information is published in both Ukrainian and Russian.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 470 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US claims Russia is Responsible for Blowing Up the Kakhovka Dam
- » Day 469 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kherson is under water, Ukraine wants Help from the EU
- » Day 468 of the Invasion of Ukraine: State of Emergency has been declared in Nova Kakhovka after the Explosion of the Dam Wall
- » Day 467 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv claims Ignorance of a possible Counteroffensive
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky