Russian Delegation Arrived in Belarus for Talks with Ukraine
A Russian delegation has arrived in Belarus for talks with Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told Reuters, citing the Interfax news agency.
Peskov said the delegation included representatives of Russia's foreign and defense ministries, as well as representatives of President Vladimir Putin's administration.
The Russian delegation is ready for talks in the Belarusian city of Gomel and awaits the arrival of Ukrainian representatives, Peskov said.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky today rejected Russia's offer of talks in Belarus, saying Belarus was involved in Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Reuters reported. However, the Ukrainian leader said he was ready to negotiate elsewhere.
“Warsaw, Bratislava, Budapest, Istanbul, Baku. We have offered them all. We agree with any other city,” Zelenski said in a video posted online.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 175 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More Explosions in Crimea, Russia Admits it was Sabotage
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism