Bulgarian President: The Government should Consider the Problem of Bread Production
Bulgarian President Rumen Radev called on the government to address the issue of bread production.
“It is very important to have a dialogue with the government. I call on the government to urgently address the problem of bread production, to take measures. They are not just about financial aid. The measures are comprehensive. For example, to decide how to fight the gray economy. The government must listen to the people who produce bread,” Rumen Radev told reporters.
According to him, the price of bread determines how we are coping with the economic and energy crisis. “It is not pleasant to hear from the management of the plant I visited that its future depends on loans,” Radev said.
According to the head of state, 9% VAT on bread alone is a strategic decision that could lead to a “lightening of production”.
According to Radev, bread is not just a commodity but is associated with the values and traditions of Bulgaria.
“It is critical for the government to establish a dialogue with large retail chains, to have the protection of Bulgarian producers,” he assured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Former PM Petkov: We are Starting the Great Unification of Democratic Communities
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » Referendum in Bulgaria? Ex-Showman is Gathering Signatures to Change the Republic from Parliamentary to Presidential
- » Bulgarian MEP: The Statement of North Macedonia’s President repeats the Hateful Rhetoric against Bulgaria