The US Delays F-16 Fighters to Bulgaria because of the Covid Pandemic
The US Embassy in Bulgaria issued a statement on the delay in the delivery of the new F-16 fighters.
The embassy said the F-16 production program was delayed due to supply disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. This will affect all countries currently participating in this program.
The embassy assures that the United States remains committed to supporting the modernization of Bulgaria's armed forces.
Earlier, Defense Minister Stefan Yanev announced that delivery would be delayed, and President Rumen Radev redirected questions to the previous regular government.
In response, GERB accused the caretaker governments appointed by the head of state of being responsible for this.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: 34 million dollars in Compensation have been agreed due to the Delay of F-16
- » Defense Minister: Repair Enterprises for Bulgarian Aircraft can Work without Service from Russia