Paris Bans Convoys against Covid Restrictions
Paris police announced today that they will ban the so-called convoys of freedom, inspired by the protest of drivers against coronavirus restrictions, which paralyzed the Canadian capital Ottawa, AFP reported.
“Additional forces will be deployed to prevent the blockade of major roads, there will be fines and arrests for those who violate this ban on protests,” Paris police said in a statement.
On Wednesday morning, about 200 protesters gathered in a parking lot in Nice, southern France. They told Reuters they planned to go to Paris and Brussels with a request to lift the Covid restrictions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » UK Inflation Hits 40-year High
- » Day 175 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More Explosions in Crimea, Russia Admits it was Sabotage
- » Biden signs major Climate Change and Health Care Law
- » Amid Global Tension, the US Tests Nuclear-Capable Missile
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday
- » Putin Condemned "the West's Collective Efforts to Destroy the European Security System"