Dissatisfied Canadian Drivers have Blocked the Busiest Border Crossing with the United States
Dissatisfied Canadian truck drivers blocked the busiest checkpoint on the US border today. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will meet with lawmakers later in the day to discuss the growing crisis, Reuters reported.
Drivers are demanding the abolition of the Canadian government's requirement to vaccinate against COVID-19 for crossing the border. The first protesters arrived in Ottawa on January 28 and gradually captured the center of the Canadian capital.
Once the police have slowly begun to return the control of the situation, protesters, many of whom demand Trudeau's resignation, redirected their attention to the bridge connecting the Canadian town of Windsor and the American city Detroit.
Trucks began blocking traffic last night, and this morning a Canadian government website showed that the bridge was closed in both directions.
Truck transport plays a significant role in transporting goods from Canada to the United States, and 8,000 trucks a day typically cross the bridge, indicating the economic significance of the blockade. About 75 percent of Canada's exports are to the United States.
Trudeau, who spent 10 days in isolation after being infected with COVID-19, is due to go to the Canadian Parliament's House of Commons today to face opposition lawmakers who want him to do more to resolve the crisis. The situation was described as “national humiliation”. However, the government insists the police should be able to restore order.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The President of Austria regrets that his country blocked Bulgaria and Romania for Schengen
- » Romania's Mass Boycott against Austria after the Schengen Decision
- » Romanian Diplomat: Austria is playing a Double Game between the EU and Russia, these are Anti-European semi-Mafia Actions
- » The Dutch Government will officially Apologize for Slavery
- » Japan, Italy and Great Britain are making a Jet Fighter of a New Generation
- » Day 289 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Tipsy Putin Acknowledged Striking Ukraine’s Infrastructure because “They started it First”