Bulgaria: Fruits and Vegetables are becoming more Expensive
Every regular consumer of fruits and vegetables has found that with each passing summer when many of these products are in real season, they become more expensive. And this is despite the frequent complaints of local producers about unregulated and cheaper imports or subsidized by the state.
Due to the high prices of electricity and gas since last summer, greenhouse production cannot remain unaffected by price, and some producers have even given up their harvest because they believe that they cannot produce them at selling price given their gas and electricity bills
In December the NSI reported 7.8% annual inflation. This is how the prices of fruits and vegetables have changed over the past two years.
Consumer price index, fruits,%
Compared to the respective month of the previous year
Consumer price index, vegetables,%
Compared to the same month last year
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Economy and Industry: As of Today, Bread is 20% Cheaper in Retail Chains
- » Bulgaria: Bankruptcies in the Agriculture Sector are Increasing, Cherry Picking is Collapsing
- » Bulgaria: Rising Prices of Fruits and Vegetables
- » Increase in Exports from Bulgaria by over 27% up until April
- » Bulgaria: Vegetables continue to become Cheaper
- » Bulgarian PM in Sadovo after the Hail: Within a Month we will Reimburse the Funds of Farmers