Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said today that Minsk had absolutely no interest in war and that conflict could only erupt if Belarus or its close ally Russia were directly attacked, Reuters reported.
Lukashenko said this in an address to the people and parliament, to deputies and civil servants. Moscow and Minsk are preparing to hold joint military exercises in Belarus, north of Ukraine, next month, which are causing concern in the West amid a gathering of Russian troops on the Ukrainian border.
Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
The Belarusian leader said the exercises would help Minsk identify where it needs to concentrate and that Belarus needs to defend its southern border with Ukraine.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » The International Criminal Court ordered the Arrest of Vladimir Putin
- » Pro-Ukrainian Russians briefly attacked Russia’s Bryansk region - Putin declared it “Terrorist Attack”
- » Medvedev: Russia should expand its Borders at least to Poland
- » Orban: Russia cannot Win, but it can Start a Nuclear War
- » "Fighting for our Historic Borders": Putin Spoke 4 Minutes in a Stadium protected by Air Defense Systems